Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shameless Critters

It never ceases to amaze me that animals are so shameless.

I mean, take Oliver for instance. He is the most shameless creature I know.

He spends all night terrorizing us in our sleep. Then he does his due diligence every morning, sunning himself on the window ledge, or by the storm door. God forbid that another cat should enter his haven, he bristles and raises his fur, growls, like the ferocious beast that he is. Only to get back to the work at hand. SLEEPING.

He does that so well!

He does have his good qualities though. He guards the laundry that needs to be folded, OH SO WELL!

Look at the look...aren't YOU scared?

I wouldn't mess with that laundry.

He makes sure that there are no dust bunnies under the furniture.


DEATH TO DUST BUNNIES!

But, at the end of the day, he's shameless.


He doesn't much care who watches, or what he's doing.......

But at least he's sweet, and we love him. Antics and all.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Oliver is adorable! Sounds like he knows how to "work the system" too. LOL The pictures are so cute.

It's nice to hear from you. I've missed you!!

Beth Cotell said...

Thanks for the chuckle!

hippo chick said...

Hey Babe,

I did that MEME and tagged Nancy. I love you and glad to see you have posted again. Keep on keeping on.

~more hippo hugs~
Pam

Nancy said...

I love all the pics of Oliver! Cats show no modesty at all, do they? LOL He is a pretty cat! So many are put to sleep here at our local shelter...makes my heart just ache for them!

Did I tell you I have an Oliver, too? My son has a friend in FL, and they have always had a dog. Well, this guy's wife works for 911, and one night some cops brought in 2 little black kittens, and his wife brought one home. They had never had a cat before. NOW....he says if he had known how great a little kitty could be, he would never have had a dog. He's the one who was so worried about getting the cat, and now he's the one who lays on the sofa and lets the kitten sleep on his chest! He won't even get up cause he doesn't want to disturb the cat!!! He is one of those macho men, too! LOL

They DO have a way of stealing your heart, don't they? Mine love the basket of dirty clothes to lay in! You can just imagine the chaos in my home with 13 having the run of the house!

(((((( HUGS ))))))

Anonymous said...

He's so fun, and cute too!! I'd love to pet him and I'd never mess with your laundry;)
Love,
D